Quick Tips On How To Write A College Essay In European History
European history started many thousands of years ago. Depending on how far you want to go back, past caveman days or just to the Roman Empire, you have a lot of sources to cover for this essay. History usually addresses things like country borders, who is in power, how daily life looked like for the average person, who was the King or ruler, and how the military functioned. Most papers can be written on those kind of topics about any time period or country in particular. A popular time period is the medieval ages or the renaissance, which is far back enough to be very different from our day, but not so far back that there are hardly any sources about people’s lives. It would be more difficult to write about Greece in 1800 BC, for example, than Edwardian England.
Tips on essay writing for European history
The best way to start this project is to nail down your topic. If your teacher has already given one, then you are ahead. If you get to choose your own topic, pick something that seems interesting to you. After that is decided, you need to get down to the actual research and writing. Here are the steps you should follow to do that:
- Brainstorm about your topic. Either make a list, a mind map, or talk with a friend and bounce ideas back and forth
- Do some initial research. Go to your school’s library or the public library and see what you can find. You can and should also use the internet.
- Write the first draft. The easiest way is to write like you are talking to your professor in response to the topic given. Write your answer to this time period or the issues in a certain country at that point in history.
- Edit! Make sure you can check all your boxes from the teacher’s instructions. Do you have an introduction, body, and conclusion? Double spaced your words? Does one thought lead to another in a meaningful order? Are there any spelling errors?
- Have a friend help you proofread it one last time. It is always helpful to have another pair of eyes looking for mistakes because they can often catch ones that you do not see. After you have been through your own work, you should always have a friend or sibling read it.
Professional essay writers - are here to write your essay from scratch.